Associate, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 21002384 Mexico City, Mexico Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of Kroll you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
The Business Intelligence and Investigations practice at Kroll, a Division of Duff & Phelps, consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and outside counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal or regulatory inquiries. Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability. Kroll's investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
An Associate in the Financial Investigations practice of BII is responsible for conducting research and analysis and preparing conclusions for clients. This role requires an imaginative and creative thinker with the ability to work to tight deadlines often balancing a significant and varied caseload. The incumbent will work on internal investigation for clients, reviewing books and records and conducting research for a wide range of clients across a variety of industries; providing clarity in report writing.
- To gain a deep understanding of case and client needs through discussions directly with the client or taking direction from a senior member of the Financial Investigations team.
- Obtain understanding of the business drivers that underpin the relevant financial analysis
- Examine and interpret case related information to produce in-depth and detail-orientated data analysis, identifying further research that needs to be carried out and what leads need to be investigated to support case development
- Ability to collect, extract, analyze and interrogate large amounts of data and present findings coherently using Excel, IDEA, Alteryx, or Tableau.
- Identifies patterns, abnormalities and interprets their meaning within a context. Verifies and corroborates pertinent and noteworthy findings and identifies gaps and follows leads within parameters of objectives, timeframe and budget.
- Organizes findings methodically to facilitate analysis and reporting. Presents accurate, relevant and robust findings to clients.
- Support case work by using Excel and PowerPoint to provide diagrammatic and pictorial explanations to present key findings and patterns identified in the investigation
- Build strong working relationships
- BA (or equivalent) in Accounting/Finance & Computer Systems or Data Science
- Two to three years of experience in a reputable professional services firm, or from an investigative/research intensive organization conducting audits to accounting systems or data analytics.
- Knowledge and experience with data collection, data extraction, and data analysis using tools such as IDEA, Alteryx or Tableau. Advance knowledge of Excel.
- Good skills of communication (verbal and written) and proficiency in English
- Not essential but well qualified if the candidate is certified fraud examiner (CFE) or similar certification.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a team member.
- The position may require occasional travel both nationally and internationally.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.