Senior Associate, Legal Counsel for Manco/AIFMJob ID 21007971 Luxembourg Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, Kroll embraces diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you will contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll’s Regulatory Consulting team in Luxembourg helps firms deliver on a wide range of professional service engagements. These include matters relating to financial crime, compliance & risk management, regulatory readiness, compliance monitoring and regulatory reporting.
We are looking for a Senior Associate, in house Legal Counsel to join our fast-growing, dynamic and entrepreneurial 3rd party Management Company/AIFM based in Luxembourg. This role would suit an agile and dynamic individual with strong legal skills and ability to work independently.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges.
Your main responsibilities:
- Work alongside the Managing Director, onboarding team and other legal colleagues in matters related to fund onboarding, review of fund legal agreements, negotiations with clients and their legal counsels for both UCITS & AIFs (SIF, RAIF, SCSPs, SICAR)
- Drafting and reviewing fund agreements and corporate law documents, as well operational business regarding investment funds and other Luxembourg vehicles/companies
- Being the point of contact and negotiation for our clients for legal matters (strong service focus),
- Make legal research and be the internal expert on regulatory issues and requirements,
- Providing legal support in alternative asset transactions
- Advise on Luxembourg regulatory issues in various cross-jurisdictional regulatory matters.
- Provide clients and colleagues with advice on any legal issues (AIFMD, MiFID II, UCITS, PRIIPs and other Luxembourg regulatory, contractual and corporate matters) and industry developments in all relevant sectors (in particular, alternative assets such as real estate, private equity, debt, infrastructure and hedge funds)
- Liaising with the CSSF
- Keeping legal files and databases up to date and rearrangement of existing records (including digital records)
- Be in contact with the Fund legal advisor to apply to last compliance requirement
- Take initiative on setting-up legal project to strengthen the company legal framework.
- Preparing and maintaining checklists for processes
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new clients, funds
- You have gained at least 3-5 years’ experience in a Luxembourg law firm or similar role
- Relevant experience working on AIFs (SIFs, RAIFs, unregulated partnerships SCSPs, SICARs) investing in private equity, real estate or debt funds’ structuring would be considered as a strong advantage
- You have in depth knowledge of AIFMD and good exposure to UCITS
- Very good understand of Luxembourg third party Management Companies/AIFMs requirements
- You have a university degree in law (equivalent to Master 2, LLM) – specialized in Funds Law
- You are fluent in English; knowledge of German or French will be considered as an asset
- Experience in negotiating with counterparties contracts and legal matters in regards of Fund structuring
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills; and the ability to prioritize tasks
- You are solution-oriented, pro-active and team player;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in team
- Open-minded and motivated
- Highly efficient, proactive and trustworthy
- Autonomous yet team-player, excellent communication skills, eagerness to learn, curiosity
- Ability and willingness to drive multiple tasks at the same time
- Academic background yet pragmatic and solutions-oriented attitude
- Drive for results and commitment to deliver
What you can expect:
- An innovative, modern business environment
- Growth & development opportunities
- Attractive compensation package
- Be part of a fast-growing company within a committed and inspired friendly team
- Take up exciting and enriching challenges
Once you have applied, you will receive a survey from Career Spark to complete – this step is mandatory if you wish to be considered.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
Similar Job Openings
- Senior Associate, Risk Management Luxembourg
- Analyst, Portfolio Management Oversight Luxembourg
- Senior Associate, Fund Operations and Oversight Luxembourg