Personal improvement and growth are taken seriously here. The flexibility to work on both proactive and reactive cyber security engagements has greatly expanded my exposure and abilities in serving our clients.
Associate, Cyber Risk
Los Angeles, California
What makes a successful Cyber Security employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Technologically inquisitive
Duff & Phelps offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Intern leads to Associate, Cyber Risk
Associate, Cyber Risk leads to Senior Associate, Cyber Risk
Senior Associate, Cyber Risk leads to Vice President, Cyber Risk
Vice President, Cyber Risk leads to Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk
Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk leads to Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk
Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk ends this path
At Kroll Cyber Risk, I find the collaboration and real sense of teamwork very inspiring. Personal egos are not encouraged! Communication with senior management is also straightforward and responsive. An excellent working environment.
Bill AndersonVice President, APAC Cyber Risk, Singapore
Opportunities for new cyber challenges, knowledge, and career growth are plentiful here. Not only is your success supported through regular professional training, the entire global team also contributes to information sharing via collaboration tools and weekly group presentations. We truly work as a global team and no one ever hesitates to step up and help.
David KloppAMD, Cyber Risk, Singapore
At Kroll you have the opportunity to learn different aspects of cyber security allowing you to develop a set of skills beneficial to your career growth and development. Kroll invests in cyber security and each employee can receive sponsorship for cyber training. In addition, they encourage a work life balance allowing you to do different things for yourself and the team.
Rick LiSenior Associate, Cyber Risk, Hong Kong
The Kroll Cyber team has a great culture. Everyone is down to earth and willing to help each other out. There are no big egos to contend with, which makes for a vibrant and collaborative working environment. One of the significant differences between Kroll Cyber and other places I have worked is how easy it is to work across international teams. There are no bureaucratic processes; all it takes is a quick conversation to organise logistics.
Mark FarleySenior Vice President, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
Working for the group is awesome, from the amazing culture to a diverse range of projects undertaken. The benefits of being in a global team and collaborative knowledge sharing is unparalleled compared to competitors. Everyday can be different, however it typically consists of helping clients improve their cyber security, constant learning and problem solving.
Hassan MahmudAssociate, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
One of the things I appreciate most from being at this company is the feeling of support. Whether that be helping to develop my work product, ensuring I receive sufficient training, or affording me flexibility when life demands it, I always have the sense that Kroll has my back, and that is a valuable thing indeed.
Ben HawkinsSenior Managing Consultant, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Duff & Phelps University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Be part of a flexible and diverse team that encourages and supports your personal and professional growth.
DescriptionJob ID 20001535 Los Angeles, California Apply now
Kroll’s Cyber Risk team works on hundreds of cases a year, including some of the most complex and highest profile matters in the world. With experts based around the world, supported by ground-breaking technology, we can help protect our client’s data, people, operations and reputation with innovative cyber risk assessments, investigations and reporting. We help enable organization to be more cyber resilient by preparing for and detecting incidents through risk assessments, penetration testing and threat detection/intelligence services. Our clients also count on us for quick and expert support in the event of a cyber breach or attack; we help clients – of all sizes –respond to incidents and restore stability through digital forensics, breach notification, and identity monitoring and restoration services for individuals affected by a data breach.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
The Cyber Security Associate will perform technical assessments and auditing of our client’s information security programs to assess the maturity of an organization’s information security program and make recommendations for improvement.
· Interview business stakeholders and evaluating business processes
· Perform in-depth technical reviews including; the evaluation of Windows and Linux systems, database configurations, application auditing, network device (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls) configurations, and security solutions (e.g. IDS/IPS, SIEM, DLP) for onsite and remote security assessments
· Take ownership of projects and deliverables
· Handle a broad range of business intelligence and investigatory projects and cases
· Conduct research and analysis through the use of in-house as well as external resource
· Produce accurate, high quality client reports
· Contribute to the development of new opportunities
· Bachelor’s degree required (or anticipated graduation date Spring/Summer 2020)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· One or more upper division semester-long undergraduate courses in hands-on Windows Digital Forensics, Applied Cyber Security, Enterprise Network Design, Mobile Device Forensics, and/or Mac Forensics. Multiple courses preferred.
· Hands-on system administration experience and/or investigation experience of Windows operating systems
· Hands-on system administration experience and/or investigation experience of Linux or UNIX operating systems is a plus
· Hands-on system administration experience and/or investigation experience of Mac or Mobile Device operating systems is a plus
· Hands-on experience managing and maintaining networks including experience administering firewalls
· Familiarity with network services and technology including Active Directory, GPO, WSUS, SCCM, etc.
· An understanding of various file systems including NTFS and FAT32. Ideally ExFAT, EXT2/3/4, HFS+, APFS, etc.
· Familiarity with network concepts such as VLANs, ACLs, Routing, SNMP, etc.
· Familiarity with attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures from an investigation and/or penetration testing approach
· Experience with scripting languages is a plus
· Experience with virtual environments such as VMWare or HyperV is a plus
· Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions is a plus
· Experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions is a plus
· Software development and Penetration Testing experience is a plus
· Travel up to 25% based on client needs
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Good organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
· Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to
providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between
applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color,
nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status,
age or disability.
Explore Your Potential
Promote Program at Duff & Phelps
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Growth and You at Duff & Phelps
Our approach to ongoing education includes formal training curriculum and on-the-job learning.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.