Associate, Cyber RiskJob ID 19002188 Los Angeles, California Apply now
Kroll’s Cyber Risk team works on hundreds of cases a year, including some of the most complex and highest profile matters in the world. With experts based around the world, supported by ground-breaking technology, we can help protect our client’s data, people, operations and reputation with innovative cyber risk assessments, investigations and reporting. We help enable organization to be more cyber resilient by preparing for and detecting incidents through risk assessments, penetration testing and threat detection/intelligence services. Our clients also count on us for quick and expert support in the event of a cyber breach or attack; we help clients – of all sizes –respond to incidents and restore stability through digital forensics, breach notification, and identity monitoring and restoration services for individuals affected by a data breach.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
The Cyber Security Associate will perform technical assessments and auditing of our client’s information security programs to assess the maturity of an organization’s information security program and make recommendations for improvement.
· Interview business stakeholders and evaluating business processes
· Perform in-depth technical reviews including; the evaluation of Windows and Linux systems, database configurations, application auditing, network device (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls) configurations, and security solutions (e.g. IDS/IPS, SIEM, DLP) for onsite and remote security assessments
· Take ownership of projects and deliverables
· Handle a broad range of business intelligence and investigatory projects and cases
· Conduct research and analysis through the use of in-house as well as external resource
· Produce accurate, high quality client reports
· Contribute to the development of new opportunities
· Bachelor’s degree required (or anticipated graduation date Spring/Summer 2020)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· One or more upper division semester-long undergraduate courses in hands-on Windows Digital Forensics, Applied Cyber Security, Enterprise Network Design, Mobile Device Forensics, and/or Mac Forensics. Multiple courses preferred.
· Hands-on system administration experience and/or investigation experience of Windows operating systems
· Hands-on system administration experience and/or investigation experience of Linux or UNIX operating systems is a plus
· Hands-on system administration experience and/or investigation experience of Mac or Mobile Device operating systems is a plus
· Hands-on experience managing and maintaining networks including experience administering firewalls
· Familiarity with network services and technology including Active Directory, GPO, WSUS, SCCM, etc.
· An understanding of various file systems including NTFS and FAT32. Ideally ExFAT, EXT2/3/4, HFS+, APFS, etc.
· Familiarity with network concepts such as VLANs, ACLs, Routing, SNMP, etc.
· Familiarity with attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures from an investigation and/or penetration testing approach
· Experience with scripting languages is a plus
· Experience with virtual environments such as VMWare or HyperV is a plus
· Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions is a plus
· Experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions is a plus
· Software development and Penetration Testing experience is a plus
· Travel up to 25% based on client needs
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Good organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
· Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to
providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between
applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color,
nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status,
age or disability.
Kroll is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities). If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (212) 833-3293 for assistance.
Kroll will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including fair chance laws. You can find more information about your city’s fair chance laws here: Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Philadelphia.
- Intern, Business Intelligence and Investigations Toronto, Ontario
- Intern, Business Intelligence and Investigations Paris, Île-de-France Region
- Managing Director, Business Intelligence and Investigations New York, New York
- Associate Manager, Compliance Risk and Diligence Reston, Virginia
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
What We Do
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Visit our intelligence center to read our latest Kroll insights.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.