Senior Tax SpecialistJob ID 21001038 London, United Kingdom Apply now
Senior Tax Specialist, Indirect Tax
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
The role will report to the European VAT manager. It will take responsibility for VAT compliance activities in the relevant EU and non-EU jurisdictions and other compliance-related matters such as new VAT registrations. In addition, it may also include managing the transition of VAT compliance for any future acquisitions made by the Kroll group.
The newly created Indirect Tax position would suit a part-qualified accountant.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Managing the EMEA indirect tax compliance process
- Reviewing the in-house VAT working papers and sending them to third parties for final review for certain jurisdictions
- Review of draft VAT returns and EC Sales Lists prepared before submitting it to the tax authorities for those entities that are fully managed by the in-house VAT team
- Liaise with the business service lines to understand their business and to ensure that the correct information has been received for the VAT returns, and work with them to resolve issues
- Ensure timely filing and payment of all VAT returns (including EC Sales Lists)
- Supporting indirect tax audits and enquiries from tax authority (with the support from third-party advisors)
- Reconciling VAT accounts monthly, track and resolve any issues
- Reviewing VAT journal entries
- Reviewing and enhancing VAT compliance processes and documentation
- Liaising with internal teams including accounts payable, finance, tax and treasury to obtain necessary information for our indirect tax processes
- Assisting other departments with technical queries.
- Assist other members of staff in all aspects of their work as required
- Previous experience of indirect tax compliance in EMEA and APAC (ideally)
- Ability to work closely with the Manager and independently without direct supervision
- Someone with a logical and numerate mind, analytical skills, possess strong attention to detail;
- Inquisitive mindset, problem solver
- Excellent communication skills (English, both written and verbal), including the ability to communicate effectively across all organisation levels.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively, sufficiently motivated to be able to take ownership and plan / deliver their work;
- A team player who is confident with others and able to work within a team, with a hands-on attitude;
- Ability to work in an international environment and across cultures
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work, sometimes in complex situations.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Good working knowledge in MS Office, in particular, Excel
- Good accounting knowledge
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Part or newly qualified accountant or tax advisor
- Relevant VAT accounting experience
- Language Skills: Fluent English
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Intern, Valuation Digital Solutions Chicago, Illinois
- Director, Business Development, Kroll Settlement Administration Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Vice President, Valuation Services Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Senior Associate, Financial Instruments and Technology New York, New York
Explore Your Potential
Promote Program at Duff & Phelps
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Growth and You at Duff & Phelps
Our approach to ongoing education includes formal training curriculum and on-the-job learning.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.