Senior Tax Manager (Vice President)Job ID 21007447 London, United Kingdom Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
As specialists in the investment management sector, our Transaction Tax Advisory team has a broad range of experience tackling complex tax issues that span jurisdictions and tax codes. We offer a broad range of transaction tax advisory services which evolve as client needs develop. We provide expert tax advice to our clients, working collaboratively with legal counsel and local specialists where required.
We are currently looking for a Vice President to support our clients, develop tax services and help shape our practice.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your business development skills as well as manage your own portfolio of clients seeking advice, within a work environment that offers variety and is both challenging and rewarding. This is a technical, client facing role and the potential to develop a specialist field of technical knowledge and expertise is available.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Lead tax due diligence projects for buy-side and sell-side transactions including the management of international tax advisors, pre-acquisition and post-acquisition tax structuring advice
- Provide a range of inbound and outbound tax advisory services, helping multinational companies align their tax strategies to their business
- Provide successful international tax structuring and planning
- Provide advice on international tax issues including earnings repatriation, tax credit planning, cross-border mergers, financing, intangibles planning and worldwide tax management strategies
- Act as the primary point of contact within the practice for clients, responding to queries, anticipating requests, and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Undertake highly technical advisory projects under partner supervision
- Be responsible for coaching, mentoring and counselling junior staff
- Develop a professional network proactively seeking and identifying new business opportunities
- Support the team to further develop tax products and services for clients
- Work as part of a collaborative team adding to the team spirit
- Minimum 2:1 degree or international equivalent preferred
- 5 years PQE
- Qualified accountant (ACA) or lawyer, CTA qualified or Advanced Diploma in International Tax (ADIT) with extensive experience in UK tax
- Good understanding of the structure of hedge and private equity funds. Ideally has advised the manager, the fund, investment mandates and fund trading activities
- Knowledge of the international tax environment (DTAs / BEPS/ ATAD) and recent responses to anti-avoidance
- Knowledge of the broad domestic tax rules in critical EU jurisdictions such as Luxembourg and Netherlands plus US ECI and trade or business rules
- Proven expertise in tax matters and project management skills
- A strong work ethic and focus on personal excellence and team working
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to more junior team members
- Must be able to work productively in a high pressure environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex tax issues with non-tax persons
- Must be able to manage several simultaneous work streams.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.