Senior Compliance Specialist, RestructuringJob ID 21006068 London, United Kingdom Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
The Kroll business Restructuring practices’ aim is to provide effective solutions to its clients. Our clients include major high street banks, asset-based lenders, private equity houses, accountants, solicitors, financial sponsors, lenders, creditors, corporates and individuals. We are tasked with assuming direct responsibility for a portfolio of cases, principally Administrations, Liquidations and CVAs as well as offering advice and guidance to organizations in distressed situations across virtually every industry and every situation.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Working in a team of two, the successful candidate will work closely with and support the compliance manager to develop and deliver a strong specialist compliance function to Restructuring.
This is a wide ranging flexible role which encompasses the traditional compliance functions such as cold case reviews, regulatory inspections, risk monitoring, policies and technical advice as well as training, assisting non-UK restructuring offices, developing new more commercial solutions to problems, anti money laundering, tenders, Treasury audits, bond and IP renewals. By necessity the work will include low level administrative tasks in these areas.
On the job training will be provided in certain areas.
There will be some travel to other UK offices (Birmingham, Manchester) and possibly Dublin.
This is an internal role with no case work responsibilities.
- Providing solid reliable support to the compliance manager
- Building and maintaining relationships at all levels with Restructuring staff and with other internal service lines globally, particularly Technology, Privacy, Compliance and Legal
- Provide technical assistance / guidance to staff (legislation. SIPs etc)
- Involvement in improving IPS templates and diaries
- Provide assistance / guidance to staff on AML procedures
- Provide assistance / guidance to staff on electronic systems in Restructuring (internal applications, IPS)
- Project work on developing / improving electronic systems in Restructuring
- Assistance with regulatory / risk matters eg regulatory inspections, cold case reviews, exception reporting
- Assistance with complaints and insurance renewals
- Involvement in training and informing staff – mainly on new legislation/SIPs, Ethics, AML, procedures
- At least 4 years insolvency casework experience
- Ideally CPI (or equivalent) qualified
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to explain complex matters simply and practically
- IPS proficient, PowerPoint, Excel, Word: generally comfortable with technology tools
- Commitment to a compliance career in a Restructuring environment
- Supportive proactive flexible attitude
- Engaging personality
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.