Manager II, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 20001102 Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services. Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, the global advisor that protects, restores and maximizes value for clients in the areas of valuation, corporate finance, investigations, disputes, cyber security, compliance and regulatory matters, and other governance-related issues. We work with clients across diverse sectors, mitigating risk to assets, operations and people. With Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps since 2018, our firm has nearly 4,000 professionals in 25 countries around the world.
- Defining service propositions, pitching and writing letters of proposals
- Managing a number of client relationships
- Mentoring and managing members of the research team in conducting high quality research and analysis, reviewing reports, communicating with and managing clients
- Support the sales team to identify, target and engage with clients
- Review due diligence reports to ensure that they are presented in a well-structured, logical and objective manner and that they address the clients’ central questions
- Provide training and support to the research team on a range of matters including online research, report writing, case management and human source enquiries
- Support the development of Kroll CR&D by managing and retaining relationships with a number of existing clients
- Support marketing initiatives by attending networking events and presenting at seminars
- Be a respected sounding board on all work-related issues, demonstrating leadership and team management ability
- Understand and comply with the applicable regulations relating to confidentiality and data protection
- Gain an in-depth understanding of other legal systems and implications of working across jurisdictions
- Ability to prioritise projects and assignments whilst meeting tight and demanding deadlines
- Identify own learning needs and opportunities and continuously seek to improve case-work performance
- Extensive experience in a reputable professional or financial services firm, or from an investigative/research intensive organization which requires strong and demonstrable Compliance focus
- Experience in project managing investigative/research cases and/or investment advisory
- Ability to drive forward and co-ordinate a number of concurrent projects and tasks, managing own time to deliver against competing demands
- Proven ability to research relevant markets, analyze information and clearly identify commercial opportunities
- Proven experience of delivering Business Development in an international professional service environment with a strong and active personal network
- Commercial understanding of both developed and emerging markets
- Excellent managerial level report writing skills
- Excellent presentation and client relationship skills
- Strong interviewing and listening skills, essential for case-work development
- Strong communications skills (upward, downward, across individuals, across cultures, across business lines) in both a verbal and written format
- A highly professional and commercial approach to problem solving
- A strong team work ethic and excellent people skills
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and flexible management style to support a talented multi-cultural team of aspirational case managers and research analysts
- Be up to date with the latest information products, technologies and understand the implications of these technologies for information and web-enabled businesses and their customers
- Understand the importance of market and customer research and enjoy identifying new opportunities through market focus
- The position may require some travel
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese (simplified & traditional)
- Proficiency in Thai/Vietnamese/Japanese/Korean/Bahasa is an advantage
- Candidates with more experience will be considered at a higher level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Associate Manager, Business Intelligence and Investigations Zurich, Canton of Zurich
- Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk Secaucus, New Jersey
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Hong Kong, Central and Western District
- Senior Associate, Cyber Risk Frankfurt am Main, Hesse
Explore Your Potential
Promote Program at Duff & Phelps
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Growth and You at Duff & Phelps
Our approach to ongoing education includes formal training curriculum and on-the-job learning.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.