Personal improvement and growth are taken seriously here. The flexibility to work on both proactive and reactive cyber security engagements has greatly expanded my exposure and abilities in serving our clients.
Intern, Cyber RiskHong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
What makes a successful Cyber Security employee at Kroll? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Technologically inquisitive
Kroll offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Intern leads to Associate, Cyber Risk
Associate, Cyber Risk leads to Senior Associate, Cyber Risk
Senior Associate, Cyber Risk leads to Vice President, Cyber Risk
Vice President, Cyber Risk leads to Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk
Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk leads to Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk
Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk ends this path
At Kroll Cyber Risk, I find the collaboration and real sense of teamwork very inspiring. Personal egos are not encouraged! Communication with senior management is also straightforward and responsive. An excellent working environment.
Bill AndersonVice President, APAC Cyber Risk, Singapore
Opportunities for new cyber challenges, knowledge, and career growth are plentiful here. Not only is your success supported through regular professional training, the entire global team also contributes to information sharing via collaboration tools and weekly group presentations. We truly work as a global team and no one ever hesitates to step up and help.
David KloppAMD, Cyber Risk, Singapore
At Kroll you have the opportunity to learn different aspects of cyber security allowing you to develop a set of skills beneficial to your career growth and development. Kroll invests in cyber security and each employee can receive sponsorship for cyber training. In addition, they encourage a work life balance allowing you to do different things for yourself and the team.
Rick LiSenior Associate, Cyber Risk, Hong Kong
The Kroll Cyber team has a great culture. Everyone is down to earth and willing to help each other out. There are no big egos to contend with, which makes for a vibrant and collaborative working environment.
One of the significant differences between Kroll Cyber and other places I have worked is how easy it is to work across international teams. There are no bureaucratic processes; all it takes is a quick conversation to organise logistics.
Mark FarleySenior Vice President, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
Working for the group is awesome, from the amazing culture to a diverse range of projects undertaken. The benefits of being in a global team and collaborative knowledge sharing is unparalleled compared to competitors. Everyday can be different, however it typically consists of helping clients improve their cyber security, constant learning and problem solving.
Hassan MahmudAssociate, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
One of the things I appreciate most from being at this company is the feeling of support. Whether that be helping to develop my work product, ensuring I receive sufficient training, or affording me flexibility when life demands it, I always have the sense that Kroll has my back, and that is a valuable thing indeed.
Ben HawkinsSenior Managing Consultant, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Kroll, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Be part of a flexible and diverse team that encourages and supports your personal and professional growth.
Intern, Cyber RiskJob ID 21006084 Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll Cyber Risk practice works on hundreds of cases a year, including some of the most complex and highest profile matters in the world. With experts based around the world, supported by ground-breaking technology, we can help protect our client’s data, people, operations and reputation with innovative cyber risk assessments, investigations and reporting. We help enable organization to be more cyber resilient by preparing for and detecting incidents through risk assessments, penetration testing and threat detection/intelligence services. Our clients also count on us for quick and expert support in the event of a cyber breach or attack; we help clients – of all sizes –respond to incidents and restore stability through digital forensics, breach notification, and identity monitoring and restoration services for individuals affected by a data breach.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Collecting evidence from digital systems and media across all types of devices, and follow proper evidence handling procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Conduct investigative work and forensic analysis into user activities on digital systems and have an understanding of how to create effective timelines and draw conclusions and insights based off this
- Use leading-edge technology and industry standard forensic tools and procedures to provide insight into the cause and effect of suspected Cyber intrusions
- Participate in hands-on technical reviews including; the evaluation of Windows, Mac, and Linux systems, database configurations, application auditing, and network devices
- Determine threat actor(s) actions including binary executions, client data modifications, system changes, lateral movement, and data theft
- Identify and document case relevant file-system, host and network log artifacts, including browser histories, account usage, remote connections, USB devices, deleted files, and hidden data to develop authoritative timelines of activity
- Analyze and assess risk to client’s information technology systems and enterprise environment and provide remediation recommendations.
- Take ownership of projects and deliverables including producing accurate, high quality client investigation analysis reports
- Conduct research and analysis of the latest digital forensic trends and techniques through the use of in-house as well as external resources
- Graduated or Pursuing from Polytechnics or Universities
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate a passion for this type of work. This will include evidence of research, knowledge of a diverse array of tool-sets, community participation and self-learning beyond commercial training
- Be a hands-on practitioner when it comes to analyzing, assessing and managing risk
- Understand relevant cyber security legislation and regulatory/ maturity frameworks
- Understand relevant data privacy legislations and be able to assess maturity against such requirements
- Have excellent written and spoken English (Another Asian language would also be an advantage)
- Able to manage multiple projects on a daily basis
- Willingness to travel
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.