Senior Manager, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 19002166 Dubai, United Arab Emirates Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and outside counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal or regulatory inquiries. Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability. Kroll's investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- To ensure the efficient management of cases including:
- Quickly gain an in-depth understanding of the case and client needs through discussions directly with the client or taking direction from the Managing Director.
- Scoping the project and writing and submitting proposals, adapting format and approach depending on client requirements.
- Accurately forecast and effectively manage all aspects of case finances and contribute to the successful management of the case budget.
- Examine and interpret the information obtained to produce in-depth and detail-orientated analysis, identifying further research that needs to be carried out and what leads need to be investigated to support case development.
- Write well structured, logical and objective reports which present the research in a client focused manner and addresses the clients’ central questions and concerns.
- Support case work by using Excel and PowerPoint to provide diagrammatic and pictorial explanations to present key findings and patterns identified in the case.
- Effectively manage case resources including subcontractors and other 3rd party services, ensuring the correct protocols are followed, costs are monitored and accounted for accurately. Actively seek to identify new sources crucial to case-work development.
- Monitor the quality of Analyst research and analysis on the case, ensuring that Kroll’s high standards are met each time. Provide guidance and feedback on research where necessary.
- Business Development and Growth of the Business Intelligence Practice:
- Support the development of the Business Intelligence and Investigations Practice by identifying new clients and business opportunities and retaining key relationships with existing clients.
- Actively identify business development opportunities and support wider marketing initiatives by attending networking events and presenting at seminars.
- Provide Business Development support to the Managing Director.
- Actively convert business opportunities into profitable business engagements.
- Support the development of junior case-staff by acting as mentor and ensuring Kroll’s high standards are met at all times.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (consisting of utilization rates, business generation and personal objectives) are consistently achieved.
- Understand and comply with UAE, UK, European & US regulations relating to confidentiality and data protection.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of other legal systems and implications of working across jurisdictions to support the variety of case work undertaken.
- Monitor quality of own work product and conduct follow-ups with clients or senior members of the Practice where necessary.
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across Kroll and Duff and Phelps’s network of offices and various business practices.
- Identify own learning needs and opportunities, and continuously seek to improve case-work performance.
- Extensive experience in a reputable professional services firm, or from an investigative/research intensive organisation.
- Experience in project managing investigative/research cases and/or investment advisory.
- Ability to drive forward and co-ordinate a number of concurrent projects and tasks, managing own time to deliver against competing demands.
- Proven ability to research relevant markets, analyse information and clearly identify commercial opportunities.
- Proven experience of delivering Business Development in an international professional service environment with a strong and active personal network.
- Commercial understanding of both developed and emerging markets.
- Managerial level report writing skills.
- Presentation and client relationship skills.
- Strong interviewing and listening skills, essential for case-work development.
- Strong communications skills (upward, downward, across individuals, across cultures, across business lines) in both a verbal and written format.
- A highly professional and commercial approach to problem solving.
- A strong team work ethic and excellent people skills.
- Advanced, PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills.
- The position may require travel.
- Fluency in Arabic is desirable but not essential.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
Kroll is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities). If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our recruiting team at email@example.com or +1 (212) 833-3293 for assistance.
Kroll will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including fair chance laws. You can find more information about your city’s fair chance laws here: Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Philadelphia.
- Intern, Business Intelligence and Investigations Toronto, Ontario
- Intern, Business Intelligence and Investigations Paris, Île-de-France Region
- Managing Director, Business Intelligence and Investigations New York, New York
- Associate Manager, Compliance Risk and Diligence Reston, Virginia
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
What We Do
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Visit our intelligence center to read our latest Kroll insights.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.