Manager II, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 19000870 Dubai, United Arab Emirates Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services.
Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, a global advisor with nearly 3,500 professionals in 28 countries around the world. Our clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, law firms, government entities and investment organizations such as private equity firms and hedge funds. We also advise the world’s leading standard-setting bodies on valuation and governance best practices.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career
The position is located at our Dubai office. This role will require regular travel within the Middle East region. As a Manager, you will either be responsible for managing an aspect of a large investigation, or be responsible for all aspects of case management, from conducting research and analysis, to structuring reports and managing resources, to presenting conclusions to clients with respect to a small and medium size investigation. This is a client facing role and as such, you will be expected to build and retain key relationships and exceed in meeting the client’s needs, whilst ensuring that the Kroll brand remains intact at all times.
Due to the range of cases that you will manage across various industry-sectors and country locations, a key interest in global events and markets, with an awareness of working across different cultural and political environments is essential.
- To ensure the efficient management of cases which includes:
- To gain a deep understanding of the case and client needs through discussions directly with the client or taking direction from a senior member of the team.
- Scoping the project and writing and submitting proposals.
- Accurately forecast and effectively manage all aspects of case finances and contribute to the successful management of the case budget.
- Examine and interpret the information obtained to produce in-depth and detail-orientated analysis, identifying further research that needs to be carried out and what leads need to be investigated to support case development.
- Ability to analyse, interrogate and perform data analytics on large amounts of financial data and present findings coherently using Excel. Ability to effectively carrying out interviews with a range of stakeholders involved in the investigation.
- Write well structured, logical and objective reports which present the research in a client focused manner and addresses the clients’ central questions and concerns.
- Support case work by using Excel and PowerPoint to provide diagrammatic and pictorial explanations to present key findings and patterns identified in the investigation.
- Effectively manage case resources including subcontractors and other 3rd party services, ensuring the correct protocols are followed, costs are monitored and accounted for accurately.
- Monitor the quality of Analyst research and analysis on the case, ensuring that Kroll’s high standards are met each time. Provide guidance and feedback on research where necessary.
- Effectively feedback case findings and work closely with other members of the team involved in the investigation.
- Understand and comply with UK, European & US and other applicable regulations.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of other legal systems and implications of working across jurisdictions to support the variety of case work undertaken.
- Support senior members of the team on complex, multi-jurisdictional cases.
- Monitor quality of own work product and conduct follow-ups with clients or senior members of the team where necessary.
- Support the growth of the team through involvement in non-case related projects, internal initiatives and business development activities.
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across Kroll’s network of offices and various business practices.
- Identify own learning needs and opportunities, and continuously seek to improve case-work performance.
- The ability to read and write fluently in English and Arabic is essential for this role.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is essential for this role. Any other language is an asset.
- Experience in a reputable professional or financial/accounting services firm, or from an investigative/research intensive organization.
- 4 to 5 years of experience in conducting investigations on various types of inappropriate activities (i.e. corruption, fraud, IP theft, conflict of interest…);
- Experience in performing fraud and corruption reviews and/or compliance consulting is desirable
- Clarity of thought and expression to win confidence from key stakeholders and colleagues.
- An analytical, inquisitive and logical mind.
- Ability to communicate in both a verbal and written format, to a very high standard, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to drive forward and co-ordinate a number of concurrent projects and tasks, managing competing demands.
- Proven ability to research relevant markets, analyse information and clearly identify commercial opportunities.
- Strong communications skills (upward, downward, across individuals, across cultures, across business lines) in both a verbal and written format.
- A highly professional and commercial approach to problem solving.
- Familiarity with using data review and analytics tools such as Relativity, IDEA, Tableau;
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, with proven experience in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- An accounting or forensic designation is desirable
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
Kroll is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities). If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our recruiting team at email@example.com or +1 (212) 833-3293 for assistance.
Kroll will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including fair chance laws. You can find more information about your city’s fair chance laws here: Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Philadelphia.
- Manager II, Compliance Risk and Diligence New York, New York
- Senior Software Engineer, Compliance Risk and Diligence Hyderabad, Telangana
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence New York, New York
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Reston, Virginia
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
What We Do
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Visit our intelligence center to read our latest Kroll insights.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.