Manager II, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 19000870 Dubai, United Arab Emirates Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you will discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you are ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services.
Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, a global advisor with nearly 3,500 professionals in 28 countries around the world. Our clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, law firms, government entities and investment organizations such as private equity firms and hedge funds. We also advise the world’s leading standard-setting bodies on valuation and governance best practices.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we will maximize the value of your career
The position is located at our Dubai office. This role will require regular travel within the Middle East region. As a Manager, you will either be responsible for managing an aspect of a large investigation, or be responsible for all aspects of case management, from conducting research and analysis, to structuring reports and managing resources, to presenting conclusions to clients with respect to a small and medium size investigation. This is a client facing role and as such, you will be expected to build and retain key relationships and exceed in meeting the client’s needs, whilst ensuring that the Kroll brand remains intact at all times.
Due to the range of cases that you will manage across various industry-sectors and country locations, a key interest in global events and markets, with an awareness of working across different cultural and political environments is essential.
- End to end case management adhering to UK, European & US and other applicable regulations:
- Performing data analytics on large amounts of financial data and present findings coherently using Excel
- Identifying further research that needs to be conducted to support case development
- Conducting interviews with a range of stakeholders involved in the investigation
- Presenting well structured, logical and objective reports to our clients addressing their questions and concerns
- Effectively communicate case findings and partner with other members of the team involved in the investigation
- Effectively manage case resources including subcontractors and other 3rd party services, ensuring the correct protocols are followed, costs are monitored and accounted for accurately and are within case budget
- Monitor the quality of Analyst research and analysis on the case, ensuring that Kroll’s high standards are met each time. Provide guidance and feedback on research where necessary
- Support senior members of the team on complex, multi-jurisdictional cases
- Gain an in-depth understanding of other legal systems and implications of working across jurisdictions to support the variety of case work undertaken
- Support the growth of the team through involvement in non-case related projects, internal initiatives and business development activities
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across Kroll’s network of offices and various business practices
- Conduct business development activities by reaching out to new clients and/or selling more services to current clients
- Qualified Accountant or forensic designation (CPA, ACA, ACCA etc.) essential
- Min. 6 years’ experience in a reputable professional services, financial/accounting services firm, or investigative/research intensive organization conducting investigations on various types of inappropriate activities (i.e. corruption, fraud, IP theft, conflict of interest etc.)
- Experience using data review and analytics tools such as Relativity, IDEA, Tableau
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- Excellent communication skills – fluency in English (written & verbal) essential. Fluency in Arabic is also strongly preferred
- Experience performing fraud and corruption reviews and/or compliance consulting is desirable
- Proven experience of practice and business development
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.