Senior Specialist, Data PrivacyJob ID 21009219 Chicago, Illinois Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Our Data Privacy practice is looking for a Senior Specialist, Data Privacy.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
**Note: This position will be hybrid in our Chicago office.**
- End to end management of Data Subject Requests (DSR’s) under GDPR, CCPA, or other global privacy laws, including:
- Tracking and logging of all DSR’s on the workflow system and ensuring DSR’s are completed within firm and regulatory timelines.
- Utilizing various firm systems and liaising with business stakeholders, including HR, in order to gather all relevant personal data.
- Reviewing and assessing personal data content, identifying and redacting privileged, confidential and non-personal data, and applying relevant privacy law exemptions
- Update and maintain records of processing, privacy impact assessment documentation and other regulatory record keeping requirements.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge and understanding of the changing privacy regulatory landscape, including new laws and regulations, court decisions, contractual provisions and industry standards impacting Kroll’s business.
- Respond to data subject and third-party queries or complaints that come into the privacy team mailbox.
- Review and assess privacy controls for potential vendors and ensure appropriate contractual arrangements are in place
- Review of privacy terms or data processing addendums for client engagements
- Provide support to the Information Governance Manager, including supporting processes and procedures to ensure compliance with enterprise standards related to information classification, records retention, and information governance (up to 25%)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of CCPA/CPRA and other US privacy laws and GDPR, familiarity with other global privacy laws a plus
- Minimum 2-3 years in a legal, compliance, risk, audit, or similar function
- Experience working in a large organization with complex infrastructures and technological environments. Understanding of data processing operations, including business applications and data use
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word and Excel. SharePoint experience a plus. Relativity or similar experience a plus.
- CIPM and/or CIPP/E certification preferred but not required.
- Experience in reviewing privacy-related contractual arrangements and data processing addendums
- Experience in tracking cross border data transfers and conducting transfer impact assessments a plus
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.