Senior Associate, Tax Transaction Advisory ServicesJob ID 21009285 Chicago, Illinois Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Our Tax Transaction Advisory Services practice evaluates, structures and performs tax due diligence with respect to our clients M&A transactions.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Within Transaction Advisory Services practice, Transaction Tax Services professionals offer tax due diligence, tax structuring and tax technical expertise to our clients.
- Work on buy and sell-side tax due diligence engagements
- Identify and analyze tax risks and opportunities while advising both strategic and private equity buyers and sellers on alternative tax strategies for acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of businesses.
- Identify and understand complex federal, state local, sales, use and other tax issues through reading term sheets, letters of intent, purchase agreements, tax returns and financial statements, and to evaluate the business, financial and accounting implications of such tax issues as they relate to specific transactions
- Assist clients in identifying pre- and post-acquisition tax issues
- Contribute to the tax due diligence report-writing process
- Manage the tax workstream portion of the transaction process.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in public accounting or law firm in corporate or business taxation, preferably with an international accounting or law firm; CPA license or admission to practice law a plus.
- Experience with M&A tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition tax integration or planning a plus.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or similar; MST or JD/LLM a plus
- Public accounting experience,
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationships skills
- Ability to adapt to ever changing client demands
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.