Senior Associate, Expert ServicesJob ID 21002922 Chicago, Illinois Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Our Expert Services practice provides industry and technical insights to win disputes related to contractual, fiduciary or related obligations and prepares expert analysis to help clients understand, prevent and manage fraud. We are often brought in on complex court cases to value damages or help establish liability in the context of intellectual property, lost profits, class action/securities fraud, breach of contract, or economic anti-trust disputes. A member of our team will often submit an expert report and provide expert testimony in trial, and you will provide vital support for these efforts.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Provide quality consulting services to attorneys, general counsels, and boards of directors to ensure the end product will support thorough and grounded expert financial opinions
- Create financial models and cash flow analysis, completing business related valuations and other analyses as dictated by the needs of the client or transaction
- Develop and/or evaluate damages claims and calculations
- Provide support to attorneys on key financial, valuation, and business issues
- Conduct industry research in order to gain an understanding of the drivers that affect value and creditworthiness of the involved parties
- Research specific industries, markets, and companies, in order to evaluate peers and market responses to specific fraudulent events
- Draft of internal and external communications, including client proposals and expert reports
- Analyze legal transactions to determine value of assets
- Organize and analyze large data sets to provide meaningful conclusions
- Help prepare senior team members for testimony in deposition and trial
- Preparation of and participation in client presentations and new business pitches
- Significant client interaction at multiple levels
- Leading, training, and mentoring new analysts
- 1-4 years-experience in financial advisory services, banking, consulting, accounting, or other fields with heavy financial analysis
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or Management (with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, or Economics), MBA or other degree (with a minimum of four Junior and/or Senior level courses in Accounting, Economics or Finance) from an accredited university or college
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Thorough knowledge of corporate finance principles and financial statement analysis
- Strong mathematical, analytical, research, comprehension and quantitative skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to master new tasks and understand new industries quickly
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Excellent research abilities including familiarity with Bloomberg, Capital IQ etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.