Product Marketing Manager, Platform Risk Intelligence, CrispJob ID 21008046 Chicago, Illinois Apply now
Job and Person Specification
Product Marketing Manager - Platform Risk Intelligence
US - Chicago
Crisp, a Kroll Company, provides 24/7/365 early-warning risk intelligence as a service for leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms, providing customers with a real-time risk defense, and with intelligence and compliance solutions guaranteed to ensure our customers are always the first to know and act. These risks can take many forms, including activist attacks, hate speech, threats, fake news, false rumours, illegal content, compliance failures and many more. Fueled by the increased popularity of closed social media groups and messaging apps, this harmful content can now spread virally, at scale before it reaches mainstream media channels. The relentless focus on helping to create a digital world that is safe for everyone has been Crisp’s mission from day one. Today, that passion extends to working with leading brands, global enterprises and social media platforms.
We are seeking a highly motivated and sales-oriented Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. We are looking for a self-motivated individual, interested in articulating our portfolio of Platform Risk Intelligence products and professional services, informing marketing programming and empowering our sales teams to bring our capabilities to market with compelling sales collateral and sales enablement resources.
In addition to having a passion for B2B marketing and sales growth, the ideal candidate will also have a desire to protect people from online harms. A background having worked with online platforms or a related area of Online Safety is strongly preferred, underpinned by strong project management skills, and an understanding of product marketing best practices.
This role will actively collaborate with our product development teams and competitive analysts to identify key features and differentiators. He or she will also collaborate with our sales team to improve prospect understanding and conversion, and with our marketing team to ensure go-to-market campaigns are driving effective demand for our portfolio of Platform Risk Intelligence products and professional services.
The key skills within this role are strategic and tactical, applied across the product development process. This includes the identification of buyer and category market insights, the creation of product positioning and messaging, the launch of new products and features with supporting materials, and the enablement of our sales teams through collateral, use cases and the constant mining of client data and real-world success stories.
This role is based in the US. It requires working collaboratively across time zones and geographies, excellent analytical and writing skills, and a proactive, growth mindset. If you’re a strategic product marketer with an entrepreneurial spirit that reflects this description, please send us a copy of your resume for our hiring team to review.
- Uncover target audience motivations and market triggers to create buyer personas to inform product positioning, sales training and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with product development team to ensure products and professional services are addressing the needs of those buyers
- Collaborate with competitive analysts to ensure products are clearly differentiated and informing buyer benefits and for reasons to buy
- Collaborate with VP of Demand Generation, Campaign Manager and Data Journalist to inform go-to-market strategies, content creation and marketing campaigns
- Distribute and educate the wider commercial organization on these buyer motivations, market triggers, competitive insights and product and professional services features/differentiators
- Manage inbound sales and prospect feedback on new and existing products to help the Product Development team to continuously improve our portfolio to remain competitive
- In partnership with Competitive Analyst, proactively share market insights that will help to inform future product roadmaps and keep our wider commercial organization educated on key category trends
- Create foundational positioning and messaging to inform go-to-market campaigns, including supporting use cases and clients success stories
- Identify ways in which to deliver added value to our current customers in collaboration with Sector Leaders to help ensure upsell, cross-sell and renewal
- Create product/professional services sales kickoff toolkits to onboard commercial teams on the product portfolio, including FAQs, competitor insights and reasons to buy
- Provide ongoing sales enablement sessions and resources to help improve prospect understanding and sales conversion, and the creation of business cases
- Formalize Product Marketing best practices for the larger commercial team to increase efficiency and improve our ability to go from Product spec to live in-market for sales
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Degree educated (Bachelor's Degree or higher) or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in relevant Product or Marketing roles
- B2B experience, preferably a technology manage or professional service
- Familiarity with Online Safety space and the growing field of Trust and Safety within online platform companies
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to launch a new product into the market
- Experience reporting on buyer and category insights, and creating buyer personas
- Experience collaborating with marketing, sales and product development teams
- Experience creating positioning statements and messaging to inform marketing/sales
- Experience creating sales collateral and sales enablement resources
- Experience mining for and promoting client success stories and use cases
Essential skills and competencies
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker, with an understanding of how to identify and interpret target audience, category trends and competitive insights
- Understanding of formal Product Marketing best practices and how best to apply them across the product development process
- Familiarity with investigating and creating compelling client success stories, case studies and business cases
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Curious and competitive, with a passion for business growth and innovation
- Ability to present in a compelling and engaging manner
- Skilled oral and written communicator with the ability to work with distributed teams to drive results
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Must be able to thrive and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, ability to work across different time zones and geographies
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional approach and demeanor, ability to remain calm when under pressure
- Creative problem solver with a strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage up
- A desire to help make a real-world difference
Crisp, a Kroll company, is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Similar Job Openings
- Product Marketing Manager, Corporate Risk Intelligence, Crisp Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Campaign Manager, Crisp Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Senior Analyst, Managed Services, Crisp Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Sector Vice President, Crisp Chicago, Illinois, United States