Intern, Infrastructure ServicesJob ID 21005344 Chicago, Illinois Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll is the premier global valuation and corporate finance advisor with expertise in complex valuation, disputes and investigations, M&A, restructuring, and compliance and regulatory consulting. Our Infrastructure Groups manages all of the hardware, software, and datacenter resources that are necessary to deliver IT solutions and services to the Kroll organization. The Infrastructure Engineering Intern will play an important role in all of these services.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Maintain health of cloud-based production environments through monitoring and typical daily administration duties.
- Respond to performance issues identified by alerting and other reported incidents.
- Automate operational activities and tasks.
- Complete project work as assigned and contribute to the technical direction of various objectives
- Enable Developers and Operations to build and deploy applications to multiple environments
- Drive improvements to our build and release scripts, tools, and processes.
- Using monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to support and application development and ensure that we exceed our service levels.
- Understand and contribute to the creation of system support documents, operational run books, and build recipes for server configuration.
- Operate the platform within Government security and privacy guidelines.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies
- Currently pursuing a degree from an accredited University or College
- Expected graduation date between December 2022 and August 2023
- Clear communication of complex concepts and troubleshooting steps is required
- Familiar with Configuration Management/Automation using programing languages
- Familiar with best practices for infrastructure security, reliability, and fault tolerance
- Familiar with database and query languages
- Knowledge of hardening Linux operation systems and closing security vulnerability on Internet facing servers
- Knowledge of CDN’s, DNS, web servers, and other supporting Internet services
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management and Remediation
- Knowledge of Network Troubleshooting and Analysis
- Knowledge of Cloud Service providers such as AWS and Azure is a plus
- Knowledge of PowerBI and building dashboards is a plus
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.