Intern, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 21003006 Chicago, Illinois Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, Kroll helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Interns support the overall research and due diligence process at the company. Interns will be exposed to due diligence practices used globally to mitigate the impact of fraud and corruption. We place a high value on our talent and seek candidates with a high level of conscientiousness, integrity, and professional pride.
- Conduct extensive Internet and media-based research regarding both companies and individuals in both English and/or additional foreign languages
- Assist in gathering information that will enable Kroll clients to form an assessment of the status, legitimacy, general background and overall reputation of a given subject company and its main principals
- Review gathered information, analyze extensively, then compile into written summary reports
- Currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited university majoring in: International Relations/Affairs, Regional Studies, Political Science, Criminal Justice, or other related areas of study
- Extremely strong writing skills, including ability to quickly and effectively summarize information from multiple sources into concise analytical assessments
- Ability to prioritize several projects and assignments on multiple topics while meeting tight deadlines
- Fluency/proficiency in a foreign language (written and reading) is highly desired, especially in English, Arabic, Indonesian, Malaysian, Bengali, Chinese, French, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, German, Italian, Russian, Norwegian, Persian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Polish
- For the Fall internship, availability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, on a consistent basis is required
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.