I work with some of the smartest people in this business. My job affords me the opportunity to analyze different companies and meet and work with new people. We work hard and provide our clients with the best possible service, but at the same time my position provides me the flexibility I need with a family.
Director, Tax Transaction Advisory Services
What makes a successful Transaction Advisory employee at Kroll? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Deadline oriented
Kroll offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Analyst leads to Senior Associate
Senior Associate leads to Vice President
Vice President leads to Director
Director leads to Managing Director
Managing Director ends this path
Kroll advised the Oneida Group on the sale of its Commercial Foodservice division to Crown Brands.
Kroll advised Hampshire Pet Products, LLC on its acquisition by Red Collar Pet Foods.
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Kroll University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Our offices around the globe offer easy access to public transportation, dining, shopping, gyms and many other convenient options.
DescriptionJob ID 21002913 Chicago, Illinois Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll Tax Transaction Advisory Services practice evaluates and structures M&A transactions from a tax perspective. We are seeking an experienced Director, Tax Transaction Advisory Services who specializes in State and Local Taxes.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Within our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) business, Transaction Tax Services professionals offer tax due diligence, tax structuring and technical tax expertise to our clients.
- Lead both buy and sell-side tax due diligence engagements
- Identify and analyze state and local income, sales, and use tax and other tax risks associated with historical business operations through discussions with target Management and review of tax documents as well as financial statements
- Evaluate the implications of tax risks on the client’s business, financial and accounting goals
- Advise client on appropriate resolution of such tax issues within the context of the acquisition or disposition
- Review purchase agreements and disclosure schedules for consistency with identified issues and proposed resolution
- Understand and convey to clients, complex tax issues in a comprehensible manner
- Identify new business opportunities and develop long-term business relationships
- Identify cross-marketing opportunities within and across Kroll practice areas
- Manage a team of tax professionals to deliver accurate and comprehensive reports in a timely manner
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience (a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in M&A tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, MST or JD/LLM
- Public accounting experience, CPA license a plus
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, marketing, sales and organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Word and Excel
- Proven track record relevant to previous work experience
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.