Analyst, Transaction OpinionsJob ID 21001134 Chicago, Illinois Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll's Transaction Opinions group analyzes transactions and provides independent opinions for boards of directors, special committees and private equity sponsors. We excel in developing and communicating complex financial analysis in a clear, concise and relevant manner to assist decision-makers in corporate finance transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, and leveraged recapitalizations. Our Associates receive world-class training, outstanding benefits, strong career progression, competitive salaries and relocation assistance when applicable.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Our Transaction Opinions group is seeking an Analyst. As an Analyst, you will be assigned to engagement teams covering a wide variety of transactions and given as much responsibility as your experience and capabilities permit. When you join our group, you will be responsible for:
- Gathering and synthesizing industry information from research sources including the Internet, trade publications, industry and equity analyst reports, and periodicals.
- Compiling historical financial data on public companies and target companies in M&A transactions, and calculating trading multiples for these companies.
- Analyzing financial performance of public companies versus the trading prices as support for valuing our client companies.
- Performing special projects, which will include research, assisting with the preparation of white papers and other thought-leadership materials to be used in our business development efforts.
- Interfacing with client and private equity sponsor deal teams.
- Performing discounted cash flow modeling for client companies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management (with a concentration in Finance), or Economics from an Accredited University or College
- Minimum of six months financially focused work experience (investment banking or accounting experience preferred)
- Demonstrates an understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis and company valuation techniques (discounted cash flow analysis, public company multiples, transaction multiples)
- Demonstrated track record of superior academic and work performance; demonstrated commitment to outstanding results
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to master new tasks quickly
- Proven business research skills
- Eligibility for Series 79 and 63 licenses
- Dedication to teamwork, demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Analyst, Transaction Advisory Services London, England
- Quantitative Finance Application Developer, Financial Instruments and Technology New York, New York
- Senior Software Engineer Morristown, New Jersey
- Corporate Counsel I Washington D.C., District of Columbia