Analyst, Transaction OpinionsJob ID 21004866 Chicago, Illinois Apply now
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via www.kroll.com
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll's Fairness and Solvency Opinions practice provides independent opinions for boards of directors and special committees. They focus on providing transaction opinions. Hundreds of public corporations, financial sponsors and other growth companies have met their strategic goals through Kroll.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Our Transaction Opinions group is seeking an Analyst. As an Analyst, you will be assigned to engagement teams covering a wide variety of transactions and given as much responsibility as your experience and capabilities permit. When you join our group, you will be responsible for:
- Gathering and synthesizing industry information from research sources including the Internet, trade publications, industry and equity analyst reports, and periodicals.
- Compiling historical financial data on public companies and target companies in M&A transactions, and calculating trading multiples for these companies.
- Analyzing financial performance of public companies versus the trading prices as support for valuing our client companies.
- Performing special projects, which will include research, assisting with the preparation of white papers and other thought-leadership materials to be used in our business development efforts.
- Interfacing with client and private equity sponsor deal teams.
- Performing discounted cash flow modeling for client companies.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Management (with a concentration in Accounting, Economics or Finance), Economics or other degree (with a minimum of four Junior and/or Senior level courses in Accounting, Economics or Finance) from an accredited university or college
- Must be available to start between January 2022 and September 2022
- Major GPA of 3.0
- Strong working knowledge of basic accounting
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- A critical, detail-oriented thinker who can quickly evaluate and analyze companies and financial information and master new tasks quickly
- Excellent quantitative, writing and communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively with senior professionals in an engagement team
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and on weekends
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
- FINRA Series 79, 63 & 7 certification (either current or able to obtain)
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.