Director, Real Estate - Cost SegregationJob ID 21002734 Atlanta, Georgia Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part ofOne team, One Kroll,you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Our Real Estate Advisory Group practice is a leading provider of real estate valuation, cost segregation and consulting for investments and transactions.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to joinOne team, One Kroll.
- When a taxpayer builds or acquires real property, it is treated as 39 or 27.5-year property for tax depreciation purposes. Often, however, there are certain components included in the building basis that may qualify as shorter-lived property and, therefore, may be depreciated over 5 or 7-year lives or as site improvements that may be depreciated over a 15-year recovery period.
- A cost segregation study is a detailed cost analysis of building construction costs and related fees to identify shorter-lived assets embedded in the building basis. The effect of the analysis is an increase in the taxpayer’s depreciation expense and decrease to its taxable income.
- Performing in-depth cost segregation studies for federal income tax purposes
- Leading a team of vice presidents, seniors, and analysts to complete cost segregation engagements
- Supporting work product if audited by the IRS
- Client management including writing proposals and completing pitches for new business
- Business development activities (External and Internal) to generate revenue
- Responsible for an individual income statement for the cost segregation practice
- Collaborating with other Kroll personnel on other related engagements
- 25-30 percent travel
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Architecture or equivalent, MBA from an accredited college or university a plus
- Minimum 7 years of experience in cost segregation
- Previous experience or educational background in real estate industry
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to master new tasks quickly
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.