In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll is the premier global valuation and corporate finance advisor with expertise in complex valuation, disputes and investigations, M&A, restructuring, and compliance and regulatory consulting. Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to help our clients make sound decisions. As an organization, we think globally—and encourage our people to do the same.
We are looking to hire a Senior Tax Specialist to join our team in Mumbai. This role is an internal tax department role with a primary emphasis on Federal, State and International income tax law encompassing such areas as Federal, State and International research tax research, audits, tax accounting, domestic and global legal entity acquisitions, legal entity restructuring and reorganization, and strategic planning for Kroll and its subsidiaries across globe. He/ She will assist in preparing and reviewing tax returns, along with the required disclosures, using an external service provider.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- US GAAP account reconciliations for tax accounts, including the payable, deferred taxes, FIN 48 liabilities and the associated P&L accounts.
- US GAAP account reconciliations for transfer pricing accounts, including US, UK, and India intercompany HQ allocation receivable/payables and associated P&L accounts.
- US GAAP account reconciliations for investment accounts, including the offset to APIC, and loan accounts, including both the intercompany loan payable/receivable accounts, the intercompany loan accrued interest payable/receivable accounts and the associated P&L accounts.
- Manage electronic workpaper process. Assist in gathering reconciliations and supporting data and coordinate checklists for tax returns and provisions and ensure that all workpapers are stored appropriately.
- Assist in completing the US GAAP worldwide income tax provisions timely and accurately in accordance with FAS 109. This includes GAAP reconciliation review and sharing data with relevant team members and reviewing of deferred tax balances and assisting with reconciling them.
- Submission of income tax payments and associated tax coversheet including the general ledger coding to AP
- US locality tax calculations, including the NYC Rent Tax, Ohio CAT, Washington B&O Tax, Seattle Gross Receipts Tax, San Francisco Annual Business Tax, Los Angeles Gross Receipts Tax, and Chicago Lease Transaction Tax.
- Assist in managing the non-US tax calendar and coordinate tax returns filings with external providers and/or other team members.
- Interact with company's external tax and accounting advisors regarding the non-US provision and compliance issues.
- Coordinate preparation and conduct technical legal review of all foreign tax returns
- Manage the substitute 1099-B process and ensure that all shareholder statements are loaded into the portal correctly by person.
- Assist in managing the TRA portal process and ensure that all TRA statements are loaded into the portal correctly by person.
- Assist in managing the Tax department budget and tracking of actual spend to the budget in the necessary format, as requested by the Global Head of Tax.
- Assist in managing worldwide tax service provider engagement letters and billings. Coordinate with tax team in the US to manage the budget and ensure all invoices are coded properly for recording by the GL team.
- Chartered Accountant by qualification is a must.
- A minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience working on tax matters including international taxation.
- Experience of working in shared service center supporting group tax team and international client assignments covering advisory and compliance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accrual basis accounting.
- Working knowledge on various accounts reconciliations such as recon for tax accounts, deferred tax, investment accounts and transfer pricing accounts.
- Demonstrate interest in accounting and finance.
- Willingness to participate in multiple areas of tax and transfer pricing.
- Experience writing tax memoranda preferred.
- Proven ability to utilize standard business (MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of accounting software applications a plus.
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.